Kevin is the guitarist and composer of instrumental rock band Pyramids on Mars™. His music is hard rock, industrial, and metal infused with lead guitar melodies inspired by violin melodies of Baroque classical composers Bach & Vivaldi.
His lessons feature classical style lead techniques with Neo-Classical influences.
Kevin loves Yngwie Malmsteen. He wanted to learn to think like Malmsteen. This meant listening to his influences. Kevin discovered Bach, Vivaldi, and Paganini. Kevin’s goal was to make his guitar sound more like a violin, or harpsichord.
He developed a new style and approach to the instrument.
- Violin Melodic Phrasing
- Pedal Tones
- Diatonic Extensions
- Symmetrical Scales (Harmonic Minor, Phrygian, Japanese)
- Dom 7th and Major 7th arpeggios used by Jason Becker
- Sweep Picking
- String Skipping Arpeggios
- Alternate Picking, Legato (In the Style of Joe Satriani)
- Neo-Classical and Classical Style melodic phrasing in the style of Yngwie Malmsteen
- J.S Bach, Antonio Vivaldi, Nicolo Paganini, Paul Gilbert, Marty Friedman, Jason Becker.
View lessons and subscribe here
If you like Kevin’s fingerboard art, you can order one here.